Thursday, March 27, 2008

Just a Quick Note ...

Wrapping up a fairly productive day today. Spent some time putting some draft orders together for some lovely and fun jewelry. [Thinking ahead to Mother's Day!] Worked a bit more on finalizing the website. Went through oodles of e-mails that I had flagged as "to-dos." Kaarin was in the studio experimenting with some new designs for her paintings. It's always fun for me to be able to watch the creative process. And, BONUS, we had some customers! Yay!

This week has been nutty busy, personally. And will continue to be so. My husband sprained his ankle [severely] last Friday -- so I have had to do all the driving, schlepping, hauling, carrying, that he usually shares with me. And this week is the start of Little League -- which both our soon-to-be-five year old daughter and our 8 year old son are participating in. Between the 2 of them, that's 5 different practices I needed to get them to this week!

Tuesday night we finally managed to host the Purcellville Mom's Club for their monthly, "Mom's Night Out." There were 6 of us and I think everyone had a good time. We had wine and cheese and grapes and sweets; chatted and laughed; watched a short video on "Fair Trade" and then a brief discussion about Greater Goods and our mission. And then the ladies got to shop with 10% off. The sales that night were a great boost to us this month -- March was not shaping up so well. So it was profitable as well as fun!

Well, Karen is here for the evening shift and I am off to Little League practice!

Until next time...

No comments: