Thursday, March 6, 2008

If it was a snake ...

I've been blogging in some form for the last 9 years and keeping a journal with pen and paper on and off for almost 3 decades. So why did it only just this moment occur to me to blog about Greater Goods? I have to say, I was inspired by Kristen's new blog for White House Ceramic Studio. Our ventures are practically next door neighbors, after all. And I did not until this moment realize that my Google account gave me instant access to setting up a blog in a matter of keystrokes. It could not have been easier.

And, I have waiting [not so patiently] for the launch of the Greater Goods website... And, I have been looking for more ways to create community around and build excitement around the store ... So, voila! Instant blog as store-owner.

The purpose of this blog will be to ... [bear with me a moment, I am making this up as we go along] ... is to ... hmmm ... is to share the personal experience of being a socially-responsible entrepreneur! Hah! That sounds swell. What I mean is, this will be the "behind the scenes" look at our retail venture, Greater Goods. What are we thinking about, struggling with, experimenting with? How are we juggling mamahood and entrepreneurship? How are we doing at creating a business that reflects our values?

Hmmm ... who is this "we" woman? Brainstorm! This shall be a cooperative blog! Henceforth, my business partner and first cousin, Michal, will also be posting here! [I just have to let her know that too...]

Oh! I think this will develop into something fun and interesting.

Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok I'll bite...what does the title of this post mean?!

I think the blog is a great idea--will be checking in regularly!

Ayala said...

Oh. I just meant that the idea of keeping a blog about the store was so obvious, that I can't believe it hadn't occurred to me before now. You know that expression, "if it was a snake, it would have bitten you?" It means you overlooked something that was right in front of you. [I think, anyway...]

Anonymous said...

got it. Hadn't heard the expression before, hence my confusion :) thx for the explanation!