Thursday, April 17, 2008

What I'm thinking ...

Quiet afternoon in the store. Just dropped my son off at Little League practice [I was so ridiculously full of goofy joy and pride seeing him in his uniform] and am now back for the evening shift. Spent a good chunk of the day getting organized professionally and personally. Our life is fairly hectic right now in general, and we are hosting our extended family for a Passover seder on Saturday evening. Which requires almost as much shopping and cleaning and cooking and baking as Christmas does in many folks' homes.

Trying to keep my spirits up. Business is so sssslllloooowwww. Folks are just not shopping. I hear it from most of the other local businesses as well. I know that stocking grocery and food is the way to go. Making that happen is a bit more complicated though. There are so many wonderful products I'd love to stock! I recently got wholesale buying information from 3 reusable water bottle companies. I am hoping to be able to choose between them and place an order in the next 2 weeks or so. I'm also a big believer in rain barrels, and am trying to find a cost-effective way to supply them to local folks. Last summer was so dry that Purcellville was on mandatory water restrictions for most of the season.

Well ... I'm off to make some more progress on the website.

Later, luvies...

No comments: