Saturday, July 12, 2008

where to begin?

If I sit here staring at the computer screen long enough, I'm bound to come up with something witty and/or insightful and/or optimistic, right? That was the theory anyway, though it's not yet working...

I was trying to write the monthly store newsletter, but I couldn't seem to find my mojo. To be honest, things look a little bleak around here friends. The economy is kicking our rears -- quite thoroughly. Michal has had to leave the store to find a job with a company that can actually afford to pay her salary, so it's just Karen and I holding down the fort. We have such a wonderful cadre of loyal customers. They still come in to say hello -- and even bring their friends and visiting relations -- but paying $4/gallon of gasoline seems to be taking a huge chomp out of everyone's budgets. No one seems to be buying anything but the necessities. I am still hoping against hope that we'll be able to stick it out ... but I really don't know. If anyone has any brilliant ideas [or any capital they'd like to invest in a much-loved, values-driven retail shop with great vision and big plans], please drop me a line. Or just come by and say hello. We'll give you an organic, all natural lollipop on the house...

No comments: